Jeff Finnan

Default Viewsonic G810 intermittently zigs and zags, looks like vertical oscilloscope

My Viewsonic G810 has zigzagging of the horizontal lines occurring.
Sometimes the view has a watery look to it at times. When very bad,
any vertical line in the display looks a bit like an oscilloscope
trace of sound going down the line. This has been happening randomly.
Actually, it had disappeared for a good while. It came back today with
a vengeance. When bad, the screen shrinks from the sides a bit, not
from the top or bottom. It is worse when first turned on or the
monitor comes out being turned off by the computer. I see this
distortion showing up if I turn on the monitor without turning on the
computer. I tried blowing out the dust without taking off the cover.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff