Robert

Default TC-WE435 Tape Deck Door Repair

My brother asked me to help him move and while carrying in a tape deck
(Sony Dual Tape Deck TC-WE435k) I dropped it. The one door pop out and
will not fit in. My brother is demanding that I take responsibility (I
want you to do "the right thing"). I disagree with him but since I
dropped it I do want to do some research. What would be the worst case
cost for the door repair? Would it just be better to buy a new untit
at $150.00-$180.00?
Jerry G.

You will have to take it to a service tech that is familiar with servicing
Sony equipment. He may have to replace some of the pieces inside if you are
not lucky, and broke something.

If I were you, I would not try to do this yourself, unless you want to risk
buying him a new tape deck. If the repair is simple, it may only cost the
first hour of the tech's labour to fix this for you. This is a lot less than
buying a new machine!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG