Rheilly Phoull

Default Tape Deck Door

"Robert" wrote in message
m...
I dropped a Sony dual cassette deck and one of the doors popped out
(along with a small metal wire that provids tension). It appears
nothing is broken but I can't place the door back in the position it's
supposed to be in. Does anyone know how to do this? If I bring it to a
shop do you know how much it might cost? It appears it just needs to
be put in right.

Sounds like a 'minimum charge' job to me, assuming that you have not missed
any damage.(So you ask at the counter :-)

--
Regards ........ Rheilly Phoull

Jerry G.

If there is nothing broken, they will charge you their minimum, depending on
how much time they will have to spend. On some machines we have to take the
complete front bezel off to fix this type of thing. If there are any broken
parts, this is where the cost will increase dramatically.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Robert" wrote in message
m...
I dropped a Sony dual cassette deck and one of the doors popped out
(along with a small metal wire that provids tension). It appears
nothing is broken but I can't place the door back in the position it's
supposed to be in. Does anyone know how to do this? If I bring it to a
shop do you know how much it might cost? It appears it just needs to
be put in right.

Sam Goldwasser

"Robert" wrote in message

m...
I dropped a Sony dual cassette deck and one of the doors popped out
(along with a small metal wire that provids tension). It appears
nothing is broken but I can't place the door back in the position it's
supposed to be in. Does anyone know how to do this? If I bring it to a
shop do you know how much it might cost? It appears it just needs to
be put in right.

Sometimes those doors are designed to come off to provide easier access
to clean the heads. It might be worth checking your user manual.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

Deke

"Robert" wrote in message
m...
I dropped a Sony dual cassette deck and one of the doors popped out
(along with a small metal wire that provids tension). It appears
nothing is broken but I can't place the door back in the position it's
supposed to be in. Does anyone know how to do this? If I bring it to a
shop do you know how much it might cost? It appears it just needs to
be put in right.

Have a shop look at it, you may get lucky. From personal experience, if
something is broken, individual parts wont be available, or will require you
to purchase the whole door assembly, which will probably cost about 2/3 of
what you paid for the unit. Good luck.
SONY is a four letter word.