JURB6006

Default Sony Projection KPR 4110

If Hout collector is normal it is probably convergence ICs. Many of these at
this have had the fusibles on convergenge output bnoard jump, as per
suppopsedly Sony instructions. The current limiting is so good that there is no
hazard, but it makes troubleshooting harder.

Those STK4121s have an upgrade to STK4191, but it's not needed. This is not a
factory thing, just my research, they are the same ICs but heftier.

How's the coolant on that set ? I got some specific instructions on that
procedure if you're interested. Difficult procedure but worth it, these thing
usually have strong tubes and the cooling system is quite effective, which
means the phospor is good and efficient.

I could do them for you but it'll cost a bit.

JURB

FrankSaab

Hi!

can you please send me the procedure for the coolant - I assume you mean
the procedure for replacing coolant and cleaning tubes to regain clear
picture.

I am located in Colorado - would it be possible to send by email, fax, or
snail mail?

Thanks.

Art

May consider checking the local library for a service manual or getting one
from SONY. ESP if you have not done any of these before, it is not for a
novice to attempt!!
FWIW, we normally removed the sealing plug, removed the old fluid with some
type of suction device, such as a turkey baister, Made sure we got the
fluid out then fill them with distilled water to flush out the chambers.
Remove the water and inspect for any materials congealed to the glass face
of the crt or the inside of the lens. Long, flexible "Q-tips" tend to help
clean out most of this junk. Depending on the debris left behind it may
require another water flush and drain. Refill with proper coolant,
available from MCM Electronics, etc. Then seal the crts back up. Make sure
there is no spillage on the crt, yoke, pcbs, Etc. We would do a set in
probably under 2 hours, even taking a break.

"FrankSaab" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
Hi!

can you please send me the procedure for the coolant - I assume you mean
the procedure for replacing coolant and cleaning tubes to regain clear
picture.

I am located in Colorado - would it be possible to send by email, fax, or
snail mail?

Thanks.

Junior Member

Jurb--my Sony 4110 TV works fine, but the picture is quite faded. Would the cleaning/coolant help the picture quality? If so, what do you charge?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JURB6006