Dag Nygren

Default Datasheet for HD44100H

Hi,

tried to find the pinout for a HD44100H on the net, but no success.
Anyone out there that can give pointers?

Or even better: tell me the pinout of a LCD 4x40 display module
that have no manufacturer name on it. Only
the letters: 4x40 0362 on the PCB and
a sticker with -07503 on it
8 pcs HD44100H:s + 1 pcs HD44780A00.

I have identified most of the connection pins as they go directly
to the 44780, but I have two mystery pins.
One goes to pin 49 of the 44100 and the other seems to end up
somewhere beneath the LCD display itself.

--
Dag Nygren email:
Oy Espoon NewTech Ab phone: +358 9 8024910
Bob Parker

G'day,
There's a prolific amount of information about LCD modules at
http://www.eio.com/datashet.htm You should find what you need there.

Bob

Dag Nygren wrote:

Hi,

tried to find the pinout for a HD44100H on the net, but no success.
Anyone out there that can give pointers?

Or even better: tell me the pinout of a LCD 4x40 display module
that have no manufacturer name on it. Only
the letters: 4x40 0362 on the PCB and
a sticker with -07503 on it
8 pcs HD44100H:s + 1 pcs HD44780A00.

I have identified most of the connection pins as they go directly
to the 44780, but I have two mystery pins.
One goes to pin 49 of the 44100 and the other seems to end up
somewhere beneath the LCD display itself.

Marada C. Shradrakaii

The operative number is the 44780, not the 44100. The 44780 controller appears
on many small LCDs; the 2x40 in my computer front panel has one (or equivalent
according to the dealer)

Most 44780 panels wire the same way. The only possible confusion is the layout
of the plug (I've seen 14 or 16 pins, depending on the presence of lights, and
2x8 versus 1x16 layout)

A surprising amount of info is available on computer-tweaker sites because
these displays are so popular for PC status displays (again, like mine)
--
Marada Coeurfuege Shra'drakaii
Kucinich for President! Bush will steal the election anyway, so why not have
Piotr Piatek

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:43:34 +0200, Dag Nygren wrote:

tried to find the pinout for a HD44100H on the net, but no success.
Anyone out there that can give pointers?

http://www.pisi.com.pl/piotr433/HD44100H.pdf

Dag Nygren

Piotr Piatek wrote:

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:43:34 +0200, Dag Nygren wrote:

tried to find the pinout for a HD44100H on the net, but no success.
Anyone out there that can give pointers?

http://www.pisi.com.pl/piotr433/HD44100H.pdf

Thanks to everyone that answered.

The above URL gave me what I needed.
Unbelieveable that Hitachi doesn't have a decent webseite for this

--
Dag Nygren email:
Oy Espoon NewTech Ab phone: +358 9 8024910
Träsktorpet 3 fax: +358 9 8024916
02360 ESBO Mobile: +358 400 426312
FINLAND

Mike

type in HD44780 pinouts on google, youll find a ton

They are all pin compatible.

go to google, and type in lcdplugin. its either first or second on th elist,
and they have connection sheets there too.