Jack

Default Looking for a Repair Manual / schematic for Playstation 2's

All that I see is some repair guides, but I'll need the schematics too.

Thanks,
Jan/Finland

David

The service manual is pretty much a block diagram with board level
replacement only. Sony won't sell some of the parts except to
authorized servicers in the US for that product.

The early Playstation service manuals at least had a power supply
schematic, but nothing else. So what schematic do you need? Call
Sony for the service manual.

"Jack" wrote in message .. .
All that I see is some repair guides, but I'll need the schematics too.

Thanks,
Jan/Finland

wolfhedd

could it be that the fuse is blown? does it have no power? if so, i may be
able to help you with changing that out with an alternative, keep in mind,
if your looking for a normal looking fuse, and you dont know what i am
talking about, then you will probably not find the fuse i am talking about,
its of a different type that needs to be metered to check it.
wolf

"David" wrote in message
om...
The service manual is pretty much a block diagram with board level
replacement only. Sony won't sell some of the parts except to
authorized servicers in the US for that product.

The early Playstation service manuals at least had a power supply
schematic, but nothing else. So what schematic do you need? Call
Sony for the service manual.

"Jack" wrote in message

.. .
All that I see is some repair guides, but I'll need the schematics too.

Thanks,
Jan/Finland

Jack

Model is 300004R, ver. 5 (GH-015), all 13 fuses are OK (resistance), no
picture and no sound, green and blue lights OK, fan works, tray moves in/out
and drive sounds like it's seeking. Nobody has soldered anything on pads, so
it looks like no modding has been done.

Jan

"wolfhedd" wrote in message
hlink.net...
could it be that the fuse is blown? does it have no power? if so, i may

be
able to help you with changing that out with an alternative, keep in mind,
if your looking for a normal looking fuse, and you dont know what i am
talking about, then you will probably not find the fuse i am talking

about,
its of a different type that needs to be metered to check it.
wolf

"David" wrote in message
om...
The service manual is pretty much a block diagram with board level
replacement only. Sony won't sell some of the parts except to
authorized servicers in the US for that product.

The early Playstation service manuals at least had a power supply
schematic, but nothing else. So what schematic do you need? Call
Sony for the service manual.

"Jack" wrote in message

.. .
All that I see is some repair guides, but I'll need the schematics

too.

Thanks,
Jan/Finland

LASERandDVDfan

Model is 300004R, ver. 5 (GH-015), all 13 fuses are OK (resistance), no
picture and no sound

Have you tried using a different cable? - Reinhart

Jack

Yes, tried that. Doesn't make difference.

Jan