reza

Default toshiba tecra 8100 service manual

Dear friends,

I have a problem with my toshiba tecra 8100. There is no power at all
even with AC adapter plugged in. The AC adapter led is not on either.
I went to a repair shop and they said that there is corrotions in my
motherboard. They suggested to replace my motherboard.
I am wondering whether I can clean the corrotions by myself (how?) and
whether it will solve the problem without replacing the motherboard (a
new motherboard will cost me $700 they said).
Someone offer me toshiba tecra 8000 service manual, can I use this or
is it a lot of unsimilarity between these two models (8000 and 8100)?

best regards,
reza
David

The service manual does NOT show any motherboard schematics. The
replacement part is the motherboard, end of story.

If any kind of liquid reached the motherboard, it is surely toast if it has
corroded by now. It is typically a minimum of an 8 layer board, no way to
clean/repair the internal layers.

Best bet to find a good used one on Ebay for the mainboard.

David

"reza" wrote in message
om...
Dear friends,

I have a problem with my toshiba tecra 8100. There is no power at all
even with AC adapter plugged in. The AC adapter led is not on either.
I went to a repair shop and they said that there is corrotions in my
motherboard. They suggested to replace my motherboard.
I am wondering whether I can clean the corrotions by myself (how?) and
whether it will solve the problem without replacing the motherboard (a
new motherboard will cost me $700 they said).
Someone offer me toshiba tecra 8000 service manual, can I use this or
is it a lot of unsimilarity between these two models (8000 and 8100)?

best regards,
reza

Don

If the LED on the power supply brick is not coming on, I would check to make
it is working before proceeding onto the notebook itself. Sure, problems on
the motherboard might have whacked the power supply, but if it failed, no
amount of work on the laptop is going to make the laptop work without a good
power supply.