Sarby25

Default Pioneer DEH-P3000 CD Problem

I have a Pioneer DEH-P3000 CD player in my 1993 Ford Probe and it is
very tempremental. Sometimes it takes the CD and will play it fine
but other times, like for the past few months, it won't take the CD at
all. I put it in the slot and it does nothing, I push it in as far as
I can and it does nothing so I dont get it. But if I push the eject
button with a CD halfway in the player, it will eject it no problem.
Does anyone know how to fix this so I can actually use the CD player?
Thanks
Ampdoc

More than likely a bad connection at the ribbon cable connecting the CD mech
to the main PCB, but it could also be the photosensors on the mech control
PCB, a bad connection on the 8V regulator or one of the IR diodes for disc
sense bad, or the mech controller IC on the cd mech board. You need a
manual, an oscilloscope and a good volt/ohm meter to properly troubleshoot
the problem. If you have those it won't be too difficult to fix, if you
don't have the equipment I'd suggest sending it to a good service shop that
is familliar with car audio products. If you don't have anyone local you are
welcome to ship it to us, we are a Pioneer ASC. Our checkout fee is $15.00,
and does apply to cost of repairs, and we call with an estimate before
repair.

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"Sarby25" wrote in message
m...
I have a Pioneer DEH-P3000 CD player in my 1993 Ford Probe and it is
very tempremental. Sometimes it takes the CD and will play it fine
but other times, like for the past few months, it won't take the CD at
all. I put it in the slot and it does nothing, I push it in as far as
I can and it does nothing so I dont get it. But if I push the eject
button with a CD halfway in the player, it will eject it no problem.
Does anyone know how to fix this so I can actually use the CD player?
Thanks

Sarby25

So it sounds like it would probably make sense to just get a new CD
player. I bought the car 2 years ago and the Pioneer model had been
installed by the previous owner so I would assume that putting a new
one in should be relatively easy. Thanks anyways though.
delvryboy

if you stick with pioneer, more than likely you can keep the harness that is
already in your vehicle and plug it into the new HU

i have been thru a deh1500,2500,6400,p650,p740....all using the original
harness from the deh1500
"Sarby25" wrote in message
om...
So it sounds like it would probably make sense to just get a new CD
player. I bought the car 2 years ago and the Pioneer model had been
installed by the previous owner so I would assume that putting a new
one in should be relatively easy. Thanks anyways though.

sancho

"delvryboy" wrote in message

if you stick with pioneer, more than likely you can keep the harness that

is
already in your vehicle and plug it into the new HU

should be relatively easy to put in a new HU either way, really...

putting in a new pioneer may save ya a little effort, but if ya don't like
pioneer or prefer something else... it's really only a matter of a few
splices and mounting the deck...

car audio installation != rocket science
--
sancho