Darren Boettcher

Default Pioneer XR-A600 Shelf System CD Problem

I have a 3 CD Changer with a problem recognising that a disc has been
inserted. The display says "NO DISC" regardless of whether I have 1, 2, or
3 discs loaded in the tray. Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for
this? I thought perhaps there might be a micro switch or similar to detect
the presence of a disc. Tried having a look by removing the cover, but
cannot see much without pulling everything apart. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Mark D. Zacharias

First things first. You can try carefully cleaning the lens. Have two
cotton swabs ready -- one moistened but not dripping with Windex or similar
window cleaner. the other dry. GENTLY clean the lens in a circular motion,
rolling the swab as you go. Follow with the dry one to get any residue. DO
NOT adjust anything without proper test equipment and a service manual.

Mark Z.

"Darren Boettcher" wrote in message
I have a 3 CD Changer with a problem recognising that a disc has been
inserted. The display says "NO DISC" regardless of whether I have 1, 2,

or
3 discs loaded in the tray. Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for
this? I thought perhaps there might be a micro switch or similar to

detect
the presence of a disc. Tried having a look by removing the cover, but
cannot see much without pulling everything apart. Any help would be

greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Closed system open system raditors Adam Topp UK diy 6 September 16th 03 06:14 PM
Radiators and CH system... Christian McArdle UK diy 4 September 2nd 03 04:10 PM
CH system has no vent on primary Keith Refson - real email address in signature UK diy 8 August 27th 03 04:28 PM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM