Default RCA 32V550T Power On Problems/Question

I just got a new RCA 32V550T from Circuit City. I'm a little worried
something might be wrong with it. Each time I turn it on, it takes a
full 6 seconds before the picture comes up. I can hear the TV power up
as soon as I press the power button, but there's no picture for 6
seconds. Is this normal for this model?

Thanks!
Jerry G.

This is normal. The uPC has to boot up. Your set is run on a lot of
internal software that has to load from an EPROM.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

wrote in message
om...
I just got a new RCA 32V550T from Circuit City. I'm a little worried
something might be wrong with it. Each time I turn it on, it takes a
full 6 seconds before the picture comes up. I can hear the TV power up
as soon as I press the power button, but there's no picture for 6
seconds. Is this normal for this model?

Thanks!

Jason D.

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:42:41 -0500, "Jerry G."
wrote:

This is normal. The uPC has to boot up. Your set is run on a lot of
internal software that has to load from an EPROM.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG

Been reading into training "white papers" on various chassis found in
RCA TV. Micro doesn't boot up during turning on that set. Micro
starts running, loads data stuff, and do several system checks then
settles down waiting (looping) for a power command from front button
or remote after set initially plugged in. Once command is given,
micro sends out commands to other sections turning relay, putting out
pulses etc right away, what takes awhile is tube heaters takes time to
warm up till AKB set trip point lets picture comes up.

Note that there is bulletin for this ITC008 chassis, not just this
model. Just worked on one last week in other problem area but found
this bulletin while checking the partfinder II on delayed start up, it
involves a change of a part in SMPS.

Secondly, 6 seconds is just long for a automatic cathode bias
adjustment so has to get set checked at rca warrantry servicer
authorized and see if bulletin is done on that set.

Oh, there is another note from thomson on ITC008, there is batch of
bad fuses in those, we had a service call last friday at customer's
place, new fuse fixed it up.

I'm glad there is newer chassis with out gemstars for once (ITC008).
:-)

Cheers,

Wizard