GT

Default Radio

I have a radio that acts like it has vary weak batteris in it but
that is not the case. My question is can capacitors cause the radio to
power up weakly and then shut back off like the batteries are almost
dead? The radio is not is some type of auto shutdown for protection. I
can put freash batteries in the radio and it will turn off fairly
quick a second or two. If I put batteries in the thing and let it sit
overnight the thing will power up for 10 seconds or so and the lcd
display will come on dimly. The battery low indicator on the lcd panel
stay lit all the time too. I though that it might have a bad cap in it
somewhere.

Thanks
Jerry G.

I would think the radio has some type of shorting component(s) in it rather
than just a simple cap problem, according to how you are describing
things... It would require to be troubleshot by an experienced tech.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"GT" wrote in message
I have a radio that acts like it has vary weak batteris in it but
that is not the case. My question is can capacitors cause the radio to
power up weakly and then shut back off like the batteries are almost
dead? The radio is not is some type of auto shutdown for protection. I
can put freash batteries in the radio and it will turn off fairly
quick a second or two. If I put batteries in the thing and let it sit
overnight the thing will power up for 10 seconds or so and the lcd
display will come on dimly. The battery low indicator on the lcd panel
stay lit all the time too. I though that it might have a bad cap in it
somewhere.

Thanks

GT

Sony did not work out very well for me. They sent my radio back
untouched. I cleaned the corrosion out as they said that was the
problem. It did not help at all. They sent the radio back to me and it
was missing screws from the back of the case. I'm still in the same
boat. I was looking at using Radiolabs but I haven't seen too much
feedback on them. I would really like to find a place I know that I
can trust and that will have no problems repairing the radio.

Tracy