ian justice

Default Can't Open Casing ! ! ! - Philips

I just need to do a simple repair on a Philips CDR Hi-Fi Recorder,
namely FW-R7.
Amazingly, i can't open the casing. I've tried using Philips and
Pozidrive Screwdrivers, as
well as Allen Keys. None of these have the slightest hint of a grip.
Does anyone know what i'm likely to need, bit wise ???.
Ken G.

Ihave 2 sets of star bits . each set has one that fits those screws . a
small flat blade screwdriver will get those out too

ian justice

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
Most Philips pieces use a T-10 Torx bit.

Mark Z.

Before getting to read this reply. I had purchased, at half-price a
33 Peice 'Security Bit Set'
from Maplin and amongst the exotic delights contained within was the
aforementioned T-10. However, many thanks for what would have ben an
invaluable reply.
I'm sure it will help others.
I'm off to find things to take apart with my new collection of
Tamperproof, Hex Keys, Tri-Wing,
Spanner Keys, Torq-Sets etc..