Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andrew

Default (audio) CD Player woes

Can anyone offer me any advice on this one?

My Denon CD player fails to "see" a disk.
If you tap hard on the "door" it will register the disk & play
perfectly.

On dismantling the mechanism, it seems that the loading / chucking
motor has got lazy. There is a limit switch to detect when the disk
tray is fully extended & fully retracted. The problem seems to be that
when retracting the tray, the drive runs out of steam before it drives
the mechanism to the end stop.

Getting to my question (finally) - the voltage applied to the motor is
only 2V.
Does this seem low ?
I'm wondering whether there is a fault in the drive electronics rather
than the motor, even though it seems to do the right things, just not
with enough "umph".

Regards

Andrew