Jerry G.

Default Sansui dvd/vcr combo unit VRDVD4000

Citrus PunchFirst of all, never send full HTML, and especialy with graphics
on these newsgroups.

Your VCR may have a power supply fault to start with. Without detailed
references to voltages from the power supply to start with, this would be
difficult to guess at.

You may have a warn head, or you may be lucky, and it is a bit dirty. The
alignment should not be off, unless you messed with it. When changing the
head, you would have to do the guide alignment. You would need a scope,
calibration tape, and most likely the service manual.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Manzur Yazdani" wrote in message

Hi folks,
I am new to this forum and have 2 specific problems I am hoping to get your
expert help with. I have 2 of these combo units.
One of them turns on fine, but after a while turns back off automatically.
Am I correct in assuming that its the VCR portion that is making it do so?
Could it be that the roller guides (supply or take-up) are stuck and that is
what is making the power turn off? Or is it the reel sensors?
The 2nd unit DVD works fine, and the vcr loads fine and plays fine except
that the picutre looks like a dirty head for some cassettes and some will
play just fine with crystal clear picture. Tracking has no effect. Is this a
misaligned head, and if so, how do I fix this?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Manzur.

Ken G.

The tapes that dont work are probably recorded at slow speed . A couple
heads being dirty could cause that ... clean the heads .

Otherwise these are cheap junk products that probably need replacing
even though relatively new due to cheap non repair construction . the
parts & boards would out cost a new one

Andre

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
[...]

PSU caps probably bad. See if you can get a "Relkit" for this unit,
from one of the major suppliers (Telepart, CPC, MCM, Grandata)

Am I correct in assuming that its the VCR portion that is making it do so?
Could it be that the roller guides (supply or take-up) are stuck and that is
what is making the power turn off? Or is it the reel sensors?

That is possible - it may be as simple as a bad mode switch or
weakened tape sensor LED (the one in the centre of the mechanism).

The 2nd unit DVD works fine, and the vcr loads fine and plays fine except
that the picutre looks like a dirty head for some cassettes and some will
play just fine with crystal clear picture.

Check that both roller guides are locking every time. I saw this on a
few JVC HRDseries videos where the brass pins came loose.

Be aware that this may progress to a "roller guide smashes into
spinning head" fault on the very next play of a tape if the pin comes
off entirely!

Also, make sure to do them both if they are even slightly loose else
you will be repeating the repair very shortly.

-A