Ken_B

Default Toshiba PDR-M700 digital camera power supply question

Can anyone tell me the polarity of the A/C adapter jack on the Toshiba
PDR-M700 digital camera? Just says "DC IN 5V". Thanks.

BFriedl

You could try sticking pins in the adapter end and measuring the voltage
from the cable with a meter. that should tell you which is +, unless, of
course, the oem adaper is dead?

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician

Ken_B

I don't have an adapter. I have some 5-volt DC power supplies, but don't
want to plug one into this camera until I know the correct polarity.

Thanks for the reply.

Ken

newspdCb.2470$J77.411@fed1read07...

Ken_B wrote:
Can anyone tell me the polarity of the A/C adapter jack on the Toshiba
PDR-M700 digital camera? Just says "DC IN 5V". Thanks.

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician
AIM: UACybercat
** Bear Down Arizona! **
******* Go Cats! *******

Ken_B

Turns out the center conductor is positive. It finally occurred to me to
check for common grounds between the power jack and other jacks,
and that answered the question.

Ken_B wrote:
Can anyone tell me the polarity of the A/C adapter jack on the Toshiba
PDR-M700 digital camera? Just says "DC IN 5V". Thanks.

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician
AIM: UACybercat
** Bear Down Arizona! **

Digital Camera power supply [email protected] UK diy 12 April 30th 04 11:32 AM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Sony KV-2782R Power supply, and KV-2785R same. John Wright Electronics Repair 0 October 23rd 03 02:15 AM
ATX power supply for use outside of computer case. Neil Jackson Electronics Repair 10 September 17th 03 02:49 AM
fuse/ power supply question or problem on amplifier ian nicoll Electronics Repair 2 September 10th 03 04:11 PM