Dubby

Default RCA 52" Will not power up...

Hello,

I have an RCA 52" Projection unit. Model P52754AT, Chassis PTK178L2B,
Mfg. Oct. 1996. The set will not power up. When the power button is
pushed, the power LED comes on for a split second, and then goes back
off. I have read that the high voltage splitter is a nuisance in
these sets. I would test it by unplugging the lead, and powering up,
but I need a schematic first.

While looking at the set, a friend was messing around with some of the
components in there. A resistor was broken in half. This resistor
only had 3 color bands on it, red gold red. I cannot determine its
value without the schematics for it. It is labeled on the board as
R212. The board is mounted by itself separate from the power board.
It was on some standoffs.

I don't want to power on the set without this component in place.
Could anyone please help me out with this. Any ideas are welcome.
Thank You for your help.

Dubby
James Sweet

"Dubby" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Schematics are rather expensive, but shouldn't be nessesary for basic
faults. Are you sure the middle band is gold? Or is it yellow? You may be
able to remove the broken resistor, hold it together and measure the value
with a meter.

Dubby

Im sorry, the middle band looks to be silver, not gold. It is broken
completely in half, however, I did use a meter on it. I measured both
side by themselves. Both of them added together is about 30 ohms.
Dubby

I have taken the board completely out of the set. The resistor was
labeled R122, instead of 212. After turning the board over, I noticed
that the board was burnt where this component was. I have found a
local TV service center that said they would let me look through the
schematics for this set. He also said that he would help as much as
possible. That is quality service there...