Ray

Default VPS16 driver IC source

The customer said this Viewsonic PF790 monitor was flickering and
now
has only blue on the screen. The OSD (blue only) and front panel
controls
work, so I assume the EEPROM is OK. If I raise G2, I get a grey raster,
so
I know the tube is good. I found a pinout for the three channel video
preamp IC
and all three outputs are active. By deduction, I determined most of the
pinout
for the CRT driver IC, a VPS16. All three inputs are there but two of
the
outputs are missing. I therefore believe that driver chip is bad. It's a
large
15 pin SIP mounted on a heat sink. I need a source for a replacement
chip. I'm
in the USA. Thanks in advance for any help!

Ray
--
My return address is munged. To email me, use rrcc at myuw dot net

Wayne

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:04:02 -0800, Ray wrote:

[...]

NEI shows it at $35.99 http://www.neiparts.com/

Wayne