MASON

Default PIONEER SA-530 AMPLIFIER

Hello

I have a Pioneer SA-530 amplifier that sounded great until
about two weeks ago when a capacitor blew up . I removed the
capacitor from the board and it is an electrolytic rated 42 volts 5600
uf with three leads. The problem is I cannot locate this part on the
internet and Radio Shack does not carry it . Also there is a second
electrolytic with the same ratings in the unit , should I also replace
this one ?

I would really like to get this unit up and running again so I
deeply appreciated any respones .

Thanks
Dimitrij Klingbeil

"MASON" wrote in message
m...
Hello

I have a Pioneer SA-530 amplifier that sounded great until
about two weeks ago when a capacitor blew up . I removed the
capacitor from the board and it is an electrolytic rated 42 volts 5600
uf with three leads. The problem is I cannot locate this part on the
internet and Radio Shack does not carry it . Also there is a second
electrolytic with the same ratings in the unit , should I also replace
this one ?

I would really like to get this unit up and running again so I
deeply appreciated any respones .

Thanks

Use a higher capacitance if such a part is easier to find, maybe a pair of
4700 in parallel if there is enough space. The second one might be in a
similar condition (shortly before blowing), replace it too. Those caps seem
to belong to the power supply, so a couple of many uf more or a couple uf
less will hardly matter, the two caps should be equal however. Note also
that if you find an approprate part with two leads, just connect it. The
third one is no use anyway (unless of course it is two caps in a common
enclosure, but I don't think it is).

Dimitrij