Rodger and Linda

Default Zenith color menu, bw picture

We have an ancient Zenith--SJ7775BG from 1991 and it's still going
like a champ. But suddenly we found ourselves watching black and white
tv, while the menu comes up in color and looks like it always has. A
DISH/VCR/receiver/CDplayer are part of the set up and for local
stations we must use a 'rabbit ears' antenna--we have no cable. We
think that the greys in the screen look slightly colored, some are
brown grey, some are cool grey. We've gone through the menu and
checked the color settings, everything seems to be okay. We cannot
figure out why we cannot get a color picture, especially because the
menu is coming up in vivid color. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. We no longer have the original remote but that has never
been a problem in the past and the one we've been using seems to work
fine.

Thanks
:-) Linda
Sofie

Rodger and Linda:
It sounds like you have done the proper "home" troubleshooting with the menu
settings and controls.
You would be best advised to TAKE your television to a service shop for at
the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair
decision with facts instead of internet or phone guesses. Nothing more you
can do at home..... a shop tech needs to actually see the television in
order to give you a halfway accurate guess about the repair cost.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

om...