Scott Gibson

Default Kenwood RXD-A53

A kenwood RXD-A53 that arrived on my bench. When its powered on the relay
in the power supply clicks on and off repeditively. From process of
elimination it seems that the CD player module is causing it. With it
disconnected the player starts powering up untill I'm assuming the
microcontroller stops it and it flashes the power led (I'm assuming to
indicate a problem with the CD player). I have examined the CD player
module and I can't seem to find any problems. I have also checked the
ribbon cable and conncetors.

Has anyone seen this before? Or have any idea of other places I could look
for the problem? I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Scott