Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "Groovebox" with damaged TFT touchscreen

Someone has offered to sell me one of those "sampling drum machines",
that usually goes for around 700 bucks new, for $100. Only downside is
that it uses a 3.5" TFT LCD touchscreen which the owner says has been
damaged.

Does anyone know if these screens are fairly standard and is likely to
be a straightforward fix, or if it could be unobtainium? Here is a link
to the product in question: https://beatthang.com/home
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/11/2015 4:37 PM, bitrex wrote:
Someone has offered to sell me one of those "sampling drum machines",
that usually goes for around 700 bucks new, for $100. Only downside is
that it uses a 3.5" TFT LCD touchscreen which the owner says has been
damaged.

Does anyone know if these screens are fairly standard and is likely to
be a straightforward fix, or if it could be unobtainium? Here is a link
to the product in question: https://beatthang.com/home

Now that I've seen it it looks like the LCD is fine, but the digitizer
is unresponsive.