Bryant Frazer

Default Can't change inputs on Sony KV27FS17

For a long time, I had my Xbox connected through the component inputs on
my Sony Wega (Video3), and my AV reciever delivering everything else via
S-Video on Video1. About a month ago, I added a DVD recorder to my setup
and rearranged the connections to basically route everything through the
recorder, into the receiver, and then out to the via Video1. (I was being
lazy since I had a broken foot and couldn't properly wire everything.)

Today I had a mind to record some programming while playing XBox, and
reconnected the Xbox to the component input on the TV set. Unfortunately,
I couldn't change the set from Video1 to Video3. I went in to the user
menu and started monkeying, and played around a little with the "channel
lock" function. Now I can only use the TV tuner, and I can't get
to Video1 (or 2 or 3) at all!

Am I missing something? I have monkeyed around in the service menu to
reduce overscan, and was playing with a few of the geometry functions even
more recently. I don't think I changed anything that I wasn't 99 percent
sure about, but it's just possible that I accidentally changed a setting
in the system ID section, which is just below the geometry section of the
service menu.

Could that create the problem I described above? Most importantly, can
anyone suggest a fix? Or do I need to haul the TV in to a local service
center?

-bf-

Bryant Frazer

Bryant Frazer expounded thusly:

: Am I missing something? I have monkeyed around in the service menu to
: reduce overscan, and was playing with a few of the geometry functions even
: more recently. I don't think I changed anything that I wasn't 99 percent
: sure about, but it's just possible that I accidentally changed a setting
: in the system ID section, which is just below the geometry section of the
: service menu.

Answering my own question in case someone else has a similar problem. A
detailed Google search eventually revealed a Web page
(http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic....=1793&forum=34) with a
forum posting by someone having the same problem. My ID1 and ID5 settings
were both off, and changing them solved the problem.

-bf-