CL

Default Zenith V3920W TV with Negative Picture

I have a Zenith V3920W TV with a washed out, negative picture. I don't
have a schematic. CRT checks out OK on a Sencore tester. Luma/chroma IC
works in another set. Red, green, and blue driver and output transistors
check OK. Anyone have suggestions on what else to check? Please reply to
newsgroup. Thanks.

Asimov

"CL" bravely wrote to "All" (14 Sep 03 05:16:55)
--- on the heady topic of "Zenith V3920W TV with Negative Picture"

Is the video picture still negative with the colour turned down? Perhaps
a shorted inverting stage C-B junction in the video processor circuit.
But it could be an aft problem instead. Parasitic tuner or if section
oscillation due to a defective supply bypass could offset the aft. Maybe
a lifted ground wire. Is the sound okay?

CL From: CL

CL I have a Zenith V3920W TV with a washed out, negative picture. I don't
CL have a schematic. CRT checks out OK on a Sencore tester. Luma/chroma
CL IC works in another set. Red, green, and blue driver and output
CL transistors check OK. Anyone have suggestions on what else to check?
CL Please reply to newsgroup. Thanks.

.... This message transmitted on 100% recycled photons.

David Harris

CL wrote in message ...
I have a Zenith V3920W TV with a washed out, negative picture.

Have you checked solder connnections on the secondary control
panel? I seem to recall that there are rivet sort of thingys that
connect the foil on the front and back sides of that board.
Otherwise I would trace the video signal and see if a coupling
capacitor is bad, such as C2251. Good luck.

David, on the Illinois prairie.
CL

David Harris wrote:

Have you checked solder connnections on the secondary control
panel? I seem to recall that there are rivet sort of thingys that
connect the foil on the front and back sides of that board.
Otherwise I would trace the video signal and see if a coupling
capacitor is bad, such as C2251. Good luck.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check the rivets. I don't have a schematic, but I'll try to trace the
video. The luma/chroma processor IC works in another set.

CL