Asimov

Default Zenith V3920W TV with Negative Picture

"CL" bravely wrote to "All" (14 Sep 03 05:16:55)
--- on the heady topic of "Zenith V3920W TV with Negative Picture"

Is the video picture still negative with the colour turned down? Perhaps
a shorted inverting stage C-B junction in the video processor circuit.
But it could be an aft problem instead. Parasitic tuner or if section
oscillation due to a defective supply bypass could offset the aft. Maybe
a lifted ground wire. Is the sound okay?

CL From: CL

CL I have a Zenith V3920W TV with a washed out, negative picture. I don't
CL have a schematic. CRT checks out OK on a Sencore tester. Luma/chroma
CL IC works in another set. Red, green, and blue driver and output
CL transistors check OK. Anyone have suggestions on what else to check?
CL Please reply to newsgroup. Thanks.

.... This message transmitted on 100% recycled photons.