tlfort

Default Kyocera F2010

I have a laser printer(Kyocera F2010) that is giving me streaking
problems. It had run out of toner about a year ago. Instead of buying
a new toner cart, I just stuck it in the closet. The other day I
picked up a toner cart for it. I installed the cart and now it has
very bad black streaks on the printed output. Is there something that
I might be able to clean to clear this up? I hate to get rid of the
printer. It used to look so good. It has less than 8500 prints on it.

Thanks for the advice,
Tracy
jakdedert

Two possibilities: the drum is toast and needs to be replaced/renewed; or
there is stray toner floating around which needs to be cleaned out of the
machine after it's long storage. Was the printer stored in an upright
position, or tipped in any way? Lasers/copiers need to be carefully packed
for storage/transport--usually with the drum/toner removed--or else left in
a relatively level orientation.

jak

"tlfort" wrote in message
I have a laser printer(Kyocera F2010) that is giving me streaking
problems. It had run out of toner about a year ago. Instead of buying
a new toner cart, I just stuck it in the closet. The other day I
picked up a toner cart for it. I installed the cart and now it has
very bad black streaks on the printed output. Is there something that
I might be able to clean to clear this up? I hate to get rid of the
printer. It used to look so good. It has less than 8500 prints on it.

Thanks for the advice,
Tracy

tlfort

It was sat in the bottom of a closet in an upright position. It was
printing good when stored. It was just low on toner. I was thinking
that I may be able to remove the drum and clean the toner off, buy I
don' t want to damage it in any way.

Tracy

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:09:34 -0500, "jakdedert"
wrote:

Two possibilities: the drum is toast and needs to be replaced/renewed; or
there is stray toner floating around which needs to be cleaned out of the
machine after it's long storage. Was the printer stored in an upright
position, or tipped in any way? Lasers/copiers need to be carefully packed
for storage/transport--usually with the drum/toner removed--or else left in
a relatively level orientation.

jak

"tlfort" wrote in message
.. .
I have a laser printer(Kyocera F2010) that is giving me streaking
problems. It had run out of toner about a year ago. Instead of buying
a new toner cart, I just stuck it in the closet. The other day I
picked up a toner cart for it. I installed the cart and now it has
very bad black streaks on the printed output. Is there something that
I might be able to clean to clear this up? I hate to get rid of the
printer. It used to look so good. It has less than 8500 prints on it.

Thanks for the advice,
Tracy

johnnie7

sounds like the drum cleaning blade has gone soft with storeage....or a
small pieace of paper has stuck in wiper blade area....a few dozen white
sheets may help
usually wen the blade is gone soft ...replacement is the only solution...and
that may be hard to buy sepepary
the only other solution is to try and revamp the blade by boiling in hot
water
check for paper stuck in blade 1st
john

"Andreas Schmidt" wrote in message
Try to print a few dozen white pages, followed by a couple completely
black pages, then white pages again until they come out clear, this
should clean any possible soiling of the paper path. BTW, Kyocera
printers have an amorphous silicon drum which is very robust and specced
for the full lifetime of the printer. That also means that when it
breaks, replacing it would cost you almost as much as a new printer.

Don't try to clean or wipe any toner inside the printer, you will get a
horrible mess. Also don't use a vacuum to clean the printer, because the
toner particles are so fine that they will get blown everywhere, which
is not exactly good for your health. There are special toner vacuums for
this purpose. I think there are places where you can rent one if you
really need to clean the printer.

HTH,

Andi