Jörg Albert

Default Kyocera FS-600 laser not printing correctly?

Hi Nigel,

(Nigel Jones) wrote in message . com...
I have also noticed on the last test shee that the "Status Page"
banner is repeated 1/3 down the page, in a pale fashion.

Only the centre 1/3 of the print is affected apart from a splodgy 1cm
line at far right.The text, both in the dirty area and white area is
still pin sharp.

I have quickly just tried to clean without touching anything with my
fingers or pressing hard. I have very carefully used the lint-free
cloth also on the drum, in dim light taking 2 minutes. It was quite
dirty. The reverse of the paper isn't too bad.

It seems as if perhaps the corona wire - or equiv - is dirty -- where
exactly do I go in the printer/cartridge to check this. Certainly
something is allowing toner to stay on the drum I believe. What else
do I clean? Might anything be completely broken? The transfer roller?

Any progress on that problem? I got two defective PUs here,
one with a defect on the drum and a second which repeats the
image as you described above.
Both from an ebay auction, the second PU came as a replacement
for the first and the seller claims that it worked at his site
and send a status page which looked fine. He asked if I used
wrong toner.

I disassembled both PUs and put the second drum in the first PU -
no success. The ghost image followed.

Do you know how the drum is cleaned - I found no corona wire inside
and the techn. spec. says it does clean by a wiper. Maybe some
charging of the drum is needed too (to loosing the remaining
toner particles).

/Jörg
johnnie7

the drum is cleaned by a wiper blade ...the unused toner colled by the wiper
blade moves along a tube ...into the waste toner tank ....there is probilly
a toner blockage in this pipe or in the drum blade area

vacum out the waste toner coil and the wiper blade area ,,,then retry see if
the print is clean
dont rub the drum suface with anything ...keep it in a dark area wen your
workin on the wiper etc

the wiper blade may be worn ....it also may be the fuser rollers near the
exit of the printer

let us know how you get on

john

om...