Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sears Garagedoor Opener Won't

1999 (old) 1/2 HP Sears screw opener
All mechanicals and motor good.

New opener button(#1) worked for six months then quit.
Opened and wiggled battery.
Worked again but now have to open every time and wiggle battery, until

Got new same model button(#2) and it will not sync with receiver.
Now recent new button(#1) will not sync with receiver.
#1 button does not flash its light.
#2 button flashes but no sync.

These newer button are supposed to be compatible with the receiver
according to the instructions.

Dug up original button (no light) that had contact problems and bent
battery clip.
Was able to sync to receiver and open/close door.

But I suspect this will not continue to work.

All wired remote manual controls work: Open/Close, Lock.
Also floor eye stops door.

Any suggestions before I scrap it all and get a new system?
Is there any tuning at the receiver?
RF Interference? How to test?

No signature

#1 button does not flash its light.
#2 button flashes but no sync.

These newer button are supposed to be compatible with the receiver
according to the instructions.

Dug up original button (no light) that had contact problems and bent
battery clip.
Was able to sync to receiver and open/close door.

But I suspect this will not continue to work.

All wired remote manual controls work: Open/Close, Lock.
Also floor eye stops door.

Any suggestions before I scrap it all and get a new system?
Is there any tuning at the receiver?
RF Interference? How to test?

Bob-

Check to be sure you have the right battery. My Sears opener button
uses a CR2032 cell. If yours has a CR2020 cell, it may be too thin.

Fred