Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Garage Door Opener

Hello,

I installed a sears/craftsman 3/4 horsepower garage door opener.
Everything went well. The unit works fine.

I however forgot to install the chain spreader, which installs right
next to the sprocket over the motor unit. The old 1/2 horsepower unit
did not have this.

For me to install this I would have to get up and loosen the chain again
and install this spreader. Because of the chain tension it would require
2 people.

Is the chain spreader an critical part or a sound reduction part and
can I forget this install until the spring/summer when its warmer to
tackle this issue?

Thanks