Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrical box ground wiring.

While trying to troubleshoot why some kitchen electrical outlets in this
junction box weren't working, I did a bit of research. Apparently, there is
supposed to be a ground connection (other than the screw going through the
frame of the outlet to the box) from the GFCI outlet to the junction box.
(see photo:
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...nction_box.jpg ) Can I
just run some wire from the green screw terminal on the GFCI outlet to the
box? Where would I attach it to the box? By the way, the problem with the
outlet was that the breaker tripped in the GFCI. There are three pairs of
wires in the photo. One is the incoming AC. One feeds another GFCI outlet
down the line. The last pair goes to a switch in the same junction box which
turns on some lights in the kitchen.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber