Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Building a treehouse in the redwood grove of a neighbor (picsincluded)

On 9/29/2014 6:02 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:25:42 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

I'm just the free help (we
all have Spanish nicknames when we do free labor. I'm "Rodruigo", and my
wife's nom-de-labor is "Marisol", for example).

I keep threatening that I'm gonna call OSHA on them if I fall or if they
don't provide cold soda (the free soda has been warm, to date).

It's an insult to call a Mexican a Spaniard!

Why did you say that? Having a Spanish nick name does not assess any
nationality at all.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking

wrote:

I'm just the free help (we
all have Spanish nicknames when we do free labor. I'm "Rodruigo", and my
wife's nom-de-labor is "Marisol", for example).

I keep threatening that I'm gonna call OSHA on them if I fall or if they
don't provide cold soda (the free soda has been warm, to date).

It's an insult to call a Mexican a Spaniard!

Why did you say that? Having a Spanish nick name does not assess any
nationality at all.

I was suggesting to Danny, based on my experience, that Mexicans do
like to be called Spaniards. They take is personally. I can't speak
for every Mexican, just what I have observed. Call a Mexican a
"wetback" - they don't seem so bothered by it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:32:29 -0700, Oren wrote:

It's an insult to call a Mexican a Spaniard!

Why did you say that? Having a Spanish nick name does not assess any
nationality at all.

I was suggesting to Danny, based on my experience, that Mexicans do
like to be called Spaniards. They take is personally. I can't speak
for every Mexican, just what I have observed. Call a Mexican a
"wetback" - they don't seem so bothered by it.

Leon,

Read that as "do not like to be called Spaniards"...