Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Location of serial number on Fluke 87-V ?

I'm buying a used 87-V and as always I am creating a bill of sale / receipt.

Where is the serial number located? Is it readily visible? Or in the battery
compartment? Or in software?

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19/09/2014 07:48, Sparky wrote:
I'm buying a used 87-V and as always I am creating a bill of sale / receipt.

Where is the serial number located? Is it readily visible? Or in the battery
compartment? Or in software?

Thanks.

The 77 number is hot-type impressed into the plastic of the casing,
outside. Is there a patch of ground-off plastic on your one?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc

The 77 number is hot-type impressed into the plastic of the casing,
outside. Is there a patch of ground-off plastic on your one?

Don't have it yet. Just want to know where the number is located so as to not
be fumbling around when making the buy.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:25:17 -0700, Sparky wrote:

The 77 number is hot-type impressed into the plastic of the casing,
outside. Is there a patch of ground-off plastic on your one?

Don't have it yet. Just want to know where the number is located so as to not
be fumbling around when making the buy.

Thanks.

It's in the center on the back of the meter, with a barcode.
If you lift up the Bail on the yellow rubber case, there is a cut out
so that you can see it.

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:08:53 -0400, Martin Riddle
wrote:

If you lift up the Bail on the yellow rubber case, there is a cut out
so that you can see it.

Cheers

Interesting. My 87 (not V) doesn't have that feature. I have to
remove the yellow case to see the serial number.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc

Bah!

It was advertised as an 87-V, even had a photo (albeit a stock photo) of an
87-V. Turned out to be first generation 87.

Keep looking...