Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Where to find radial wire-wound power resistors?

Ceramic wire-wound 10-watt 220-ohm 5-percent radial power resistor with 0.50
inch (12.5 mm) lead spacing.

Iąm flexible on the lead spacing if I can just find a supplier (preferably in
USA).

The original is a Cinetech SQF10W but I canąt find domestic inventory.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

The original is a Cinetech SQF10W but I canąt find domestic inventory.

http://www.cinetech.com.tw/upload/20...0330170655.pdf

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"DaveC" wrote in message
Ceramic wire-wound 10-watt 220-ohm 5-percent radial power resistor with
0.50
inch (12.5 mm) lead spacing.

Iąm flexible on the lead spacing if I can just find a supplier (preferably
in
USA).

The original is a Cinetech SQF10W but I canąt find domestic inventory.

Thanks,
Dave

The spec sheet says that range from .1 to 1 ohm. These are used as current
sense resistors. 220 ohms at 10 watts will be much bigger. You sure you
don't want .22 ohms?

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On 2014-09-01, DaveC wrote:

Ceramic wire-wound 10-watt 220-ohm 5-percent radial power resistor
with 0.50 inch (12.5 mm) lead spacing.

The original is a Cinetech SQF10W but I canÂąt find domestic inventory.

http://www.cinetech.com.tw/upload/20...0330170655.pdf

I don't think so, that data sheet says the SQF series is flat, not
wound and it only goes upto 1 ohm.

--
umop apisdn

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

The spec sheet says that range from .1 to 1 ohm. These are used as current
sense resistors. 220 ohms at 10 watts will be much bigger. You sure you
don't want .22 ohms?

Aagh! Neither--it's 22.0 ohms.

Thanks for challenging me.

i found it at Newark, pn 40M8806.

thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

http://www.cinetech.com.tw/upload/20...0330170655.pdf

I don't think so, that data sheet says the SQF series is flat, not
wound and it only goes upto 1 ohm.

Thank you for that observation Jason.

But that's the only SQF power resistor reference I could find.

Here's images of the remains of the original:

oi60.tinypic.com/vmujo1.jpg

oi62.tinypic.com/wgzqdj.jpg

(Note correction in an earlier post that it's 22 ohm not 220.)

Surprising (to me) there is a 10A fuse in there between two 11 ohm (?)
resistors!

Now quite confused...

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Here's images of the remains of the original:

oi60.tinypic.com/vmujo1.jpg

oi62.tinypic.com/wgzqdj.jpg

A remnant of the cerment (c; case says "TYH", although no pn.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

TT Electronics (irctt.com) might be the manufacturer. They have SQM and CVF
series resistors but a search for SQF turns up nada:

irctt.com/file.aspx?product_id=305&file_type=datasheet

For what it's worth the markings are not similar at all. (I find that
manufacturers like to stick with similar font and color and such.)

The internal fuse is clearly labeled 10A and 185c. Not sure if this means
it's only a thermal fuse rated at a maximum of 10A or it's a current fuse
rated at a maximum of 185c or if it's a thermal and current fuse.

Either way it's apparently more than just a resistor.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Where to find thermally-protected radial, wire-wound power resistors?

To summarize:

Wire-wound cermet, radial-lead 22.0 ohm, 10 watt, 5 percent, thermally-fused
@ 185c / 10A.

The original is a labeled SQF10W but I canąt find any reference to this
series. TT Electronics (irctt.com) might be the manufacturer. They have SQM
and CVF series resistors but a search for SQF turns up nada:

irctt.com/file.aspx?product_id=305&file_type=datasheet

Here's images of the remains of the original:

oi60.tinypic.com/vmujo1.jpg

oi62.tinypic.com/wgzqdj.jpg

The internal fuse is clearly labeled 10A and 185c. Not sure if this means
it's only a thermal fuse rated at a maximum of 10A or it's a current fuse
rated at a maximum of 185c or if it's a thermal and current fuse.

Either way it's apparently more than just a resistor.

Help!!

Cheers.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 12:09:39 -0700, the renowned DaveC
wrote:

To summarize:

Wire-wound cermet, radial-lead 22.0 ohm, 10 watt, 5 percent, thermally-fused
@ 185c / 10A.

The original is a labeled SQF10W but I canąt find any reference to this
series. TT Electronics (irctt.com) might be the manufacturer. They have SQM
and CVF series resistors but a search for SQF turns up nada:

irctt.com/file.aspx?product_id=305&file_type=datasheet

Here's images of the remains of the original:

oi60.tinypic.com/vmujo1.jpg

oi62.tinypic.com/wgzqdj.jpg

The internal fuse is clearly labeled 10A and 185c. Not sure if this means
it's only a thermal fuse rated at a maximum of 10A or it's a current fuse
rated at a maximum of 185c or if it's a thermal and current fuse.

Either way it's apparently more than just a resistor.

Help!!

Cheers.

The thermal cutoff looks like a standard type rated at 10A that will
open up permanently at 185°C.

Similar to these:
http://www.koaspeer.com/products/res...-resistors/wf/

or this:
http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...AOB0000CE8.pdf

or this:
http://www.te.com/commerce/DocumentD...df%7F1879738-1

Given the combination of the (rare in North America) vertical WW
cement resistor and cutoff temperature values this looks like the kind
of part that's easy enough to source in volume but almost impossible
in small quantities.

Also it's a safety device. You might be best off (or at least safest)
approaching the OEM for a repair part. There's clearly something else
major wrong, so it may not be worth fixing.

You could try to cobb something together out of a couple 5W resistors
and a thermal cutoff with some ceramic cement, at your own risk, of
course.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:00:58 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

Also it's a safety device. You might be best off (or at least safest)
approaching the OEM for a repair part. There's clearly something else
major wrong, so it may not be worth fixing.

P.S.

Here's what this sort of thing probably looks like before it's blown
up.. note all the safety agency markings:

http://cfnewsads.thomasnet.com/image...544/544771.jpg

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Given the combination of the (rare in North America) vertical WW
cement resistor and cutoff temperature values this looks like the kind
of part that's easy enough to source in volume but almost impossible
in small quantities.

So I see!

Also it's a safety device. You might be best off (or at least safest)
approaching the OEM for a repair part. There's clearly something else
major wrong, so it may not be worth fixing.

It was due to a wiring fault, since cleared up. I bypassed the fuse and the
uint powers up and looks to be OK.

You could try to cobb something together out of a couple 5W resistors
and a thermal cutoff with some ceramic cement, at your own risk, of
course.

If I was going to use this, for example, on my bench as a diagnostic tool
where I would have a hand on The Switch when it was being operated, I'd have
no qualms about cobbing together such a safety device. But for sale and
installation into a user's business--no way.

So it's kinda critical I get a replacement somehow. I'll contact those
manufacturers you mentioned and ask for samples. The equipment manufacturer
said that to repair this unit (the wiring fault is a common field install
error) would cost more than a new unit. Clearly marketing spin and or
outright lie, we now know. I'll ask about a replacement but not hopeful...

Thanks, SP for your insight.

Bests,
Dave

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Found them!

This is the item. It's on a Taiwanese auction site:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21106267141304

Even with Google Translate it's not easy to understand how to go about a
transaction.

Has anyone use this "pinkciao" site? Do I need to register?

(Do I see e-Bay ownership here?)

This is the only reference I've found for this part anywhere so I need to get
a few.

Help?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On 2014-09-03, DaveC wrote:
This is the item. It's on a Taiwanese auction site:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21106267141304

Even with Google Translate it's not easy to understand how to go about a
transaction.

Has anyone use this "pinkciao" site? Do I need to register?

the button that looks most like a buy button takes me to a page called
/user/login.htm so I guess you do need to register.
registration needs a Taiwanese cell phone number - can't start with +

(Do I see e-Bay ownership here?)

I see this: "Copyright© PChome eBay Co., Ltd."

I found this.

http://www.tyohm.com.tw/product/fusible%20sqf.htm
http://www.tyohm.com.tw/Default_e.aspx

maybe you can get "samples"

--
umop apisdn

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

I found this.

http://www.tyohm.com.tw/product/fusible%20sqf.htm
http://www.tyohm.com.tw/Default_e.aspx

maybe you can get "samples"

Thank you Jasen. Stellar work!

I've contacted them for samples / purchase. Fingers crossed...

Cheers!