Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 microSDHC memory cards

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 01:26:35 -0400, nospam wrote:

usb must be 5v +- 0.25v, or 4.75-5.25v, which means the oem charger is
not usb compliant.

Here's a picture of the OEM EP-TA10JWS charger, showing the 5.3 volts!
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy.../dp/B00H8482KQ

What I'm worried about is that I can't find a car adapter that
is 5.3 volts and 2.0 amps or more.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 00:53:38 -0500, Elechi Amadi wrote:

Here's a picture of the OEM EP-TA10JWS charger, showing the 5.3 volts!
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy.../dp/B00H8482KQ

What I'm worried about is that I can't find a car adapter that
is 5.3 volts and 2.0 amps or more.

Actually, that's the wrong picture.
Here's the right picture showing 5.3 volts at 2.0 amps output.
http://www.wirelessground.com/samsun...ger-2-amp.html

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

The move to USB 3.0 only affects charge rates connected to a PC.

2.x is limited to 500mA while 3.x is 900mA I think.

Both standards use 5V, but 2A AC chargers often run a bit higher at 5.3V.
The chargers don't directly adhere to either USB spec and basically
trigger fast charge the same as before, by shorting out or putting a
fixed resistance between the data pins.

My old HP TouchPad USB 5.3V/2A charger with 2.0 cord charges my Note 3
just as fast as the Samsung 5.3V/2A adapter with USB 3.0 cord does.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the "USB 3.0" Samsung charger
doesn't actually have the extra 3.0 pins, it uses a 2.0 port. That's
because for pure charging devices the standard doesn't matter, only the
current and voltage rating and that it shorts the data pins.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

As for the title question, I never myself could figure out the difference.
If you know, tell me because it makes no sense class 1 or class 2 except
from a driver perspective.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

In article
dhosting.com, Elechi
Amadi wrote:

usb must be 5v +- 0.25v, or 4.75-5.25v, which means the oem charger is
not usb compliant.

Here's a picture of the OEM EP-TA10JWS charger, showing the 5.3 volts!
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy.../dp/B00H8482KQ

€ Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.35A / Output: 5.0V=== 2.0A

from the comments, there seems to be more than one version

What I'm worried about is that I can't find a car adapter that
is 5.3 volts and 2.0 amps or more.

don't worry about it. it doesn't matter.

5.3v is noncompliant.

all adapters will be 5v (or sometimes 5.1v). it makes no difference.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 02:05:31 -0400, nospam wrote:

Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.35A / Output: 5.0V=== 2.0A

I had referenced the wrong charger.
The OEM charger for the Note III is 5.3 volts, 2.0 Amps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504456

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

In article , Helmer Bengtsson
wrote:

The move to USB 3.0 only affects charge rates connected to a PC.

2.x is limited to 500mA while 3.x is 900mA I think.

originally, but the battery charging spec allows for more current.

Both standards use 5V, but 2A AC chargers often run a bit higher at 5.3V.

no they don't.

5.3v is outside the usb spec.

The chargers don't directly adhere to either USB spec and basically
trigger fast charge the same as before, by shorting out or putting a
fixed resistance between the data pins.

My old HP TouchPad USB 5.3V/2A charger with 2.0 cord charges my Note 3
just as fast as the Samsung 5.3V/2A adapter with USB 3.0 cord does.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the "USB 3.0" Samsung charger
doesn't actually have the extra 3.0 pins, it uses a 2.0 port. That's
because for pure charging devices the standard doesn't matter, only the
current and voltage rating and that it shorts the data pins.

then it's not compliant in more ways than one.

it's supposed to negotiate the power over the data pins.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

In article
dhosting.com, Elechi
Amadi wrote:

Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.35A / Output: 5.0V=== 2.0A

I had referenced the wrong charger.
The OEM charger for the Note III is 5.3 volts, 2.0 Amps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504456

it is not compliant with the usb spec.

don't use it with anything other than a note iii and any other samsung
product that it lists it will work with.

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

you won't and it makes no difference anyway.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Elechi Amadi wrote:

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

You don't want one, it could fry some other device you plug into it,
just get a 5.0V 2.0A one and you'll be ok.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

13.8.2014, 8:53, Elechi Amadi kirjoitti:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 01:26:35 -0400, nospam wrote:

usb must be 5v +- 0.25v, or 4.75-5.25v, which means the oem charger is
not usb compliant.

Here's a picture of the OEM EP-TA10JWS charger, showing the 5.3 volts!
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy.../dp/B00H8482KQ

That shows 5.0V/2.0A both in the pic and in the text

What I'm worried about is that I can't find a car adapter that
is 5.3 volts and 2.0 amps or more.

Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland
Translation to/from FI/SWE not always accurate
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On 13/08/2014 06:55, Elechi Amadi wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 00:53:38 -0500, Elechi Amadi wrote:

Here's a picture of the OEM EP-TA10JWS charger, showing the 5.3 volts!
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy.../dp/B00H8482KQ

What I'm worried about is that I can't find a car adapter that
is 5.3 volts and 2.0 amps or more.

Actually, that's the wrong picture.
Here's the right picture showing 5.3 volts at 2.0 amps output.
http://www.wirelessground.com/samsun...ger-2-amp.html

Duhhhh... and here's a picture showing a charger with *exactly* the same
product code (EP-TA10JWS) with the correct voltage (5.0v) in the product
label and text of the web page.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Travel-Charger-EP-TA10JWS/dp/B00H8482KQ

Looks like there's a *mistake* in the wirelessground.com web page, it
should say 5.0v not 5.3v. So a 5.0v car charger would be the right
choice for you.

.... got the picture yet?
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:44:06 +0100, nemo wrote:

Looks like there's a *mistake* in the wirelessground.com web page, it
should say 5.0v not 5.3v. So a 5.0v car charger would be the right
choice for you.

I can read it as 5.3 volts printed right on my charger!
So the only mistake is in the Amazon photos.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:44:06 +0100, nemo wrote:

Duhhhh... and here's a picture showing a charger with *exactly* the same
product code (EP-TA10JWS) with the correct voltage (5.0v) in the product

Samsung themselves, say it's 5.3 volts.
http://www.samsung.com/za/consumer/m...10EWEQGWW-spec
http://www.samsung.com/za/business/b...EP-TA10EWEQGWW

Plus I can read 5.3 volts printed on the charger.

Also Amazon shows it at 5.3 volts:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Main.../dp/B00I6LRPRQ
As does Wireless Ground:
http://www.wirelessground.com/samsun...ger-2-amp.html

Whatever XDA is, they show it at 5.3 volts also:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2479107
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534079

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Elechi Amadi wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 02:05:31 -0400, nospam wrote:

Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.35A / Output: 5.0V=== 2.0A

I had referenced the wrong charger.
The OEM charger for the Note III is 5.3 volts, 2.0 Amps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504456

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

Hi,
It is not that super critical. As long as charger is good quality.
Also if you get wrong micro SD card, it won't work well. For example too
fast one some times gives trouble. Follow the manual. Get a brand name
like Samsung, Lexar....

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

In comp.mobile.android Andy Burns wrote:
Elechi Amadi wrote:

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

You don't want one, it could fry some other device you plug into it,
just get a 5.0V 2.0A one and you'll be ok.

It'll be fine.

The USB spec goes up to 5.25V. The extra 50mV won't fry anything.

In fact, the device probably won't even see it. If you're drawing 2A, you'd
lose 50mV by a 25milliohm resistance in the cable. Given that USB cables
contain hair-thicknesses of copper these days, that's not unlikely. I've
seen cables with 1 ohm resistance. In fact, to get a resistance as low as
25mohm you'd need about 0.75mm^2 of copper - that's roughly the thickness of
the cable that powers your desktop PC.

A lower current draw will have less voltage drop, but any way you look at it
what the device sees will be in spec. And the device would cope just fine
with 5.3V straight, the DC-DC converter will have a much bigger margin.

Theo
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Theo Markettos wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Elechi Amadi wrote:

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

You don't want one

It'll be fine.
The USB spec goes up to 5.25V. The extra 50mV won't fry anything.

The nominal 5.3V is already out of spec, who knows what the tolerance is
on it, +/- 5% perhaps, so now it could be 300mV over, then someone
charges an unprotected e-cigarette from it and ...

http://google.co.uk/search?q=usb+cigarette+fire

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Andy Burns wrote:

The USB spec goes up to 5.25V. The extra 50mV won't fry anything.

The nominal 5.3V is already out of spec,

Or rounded to one decimal place.

-- chris

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 06:03:03 +0000 (UTC), Helmer Bengtsson
wrote:

The move to USB 3.0 only affects charge rates connected to a PC.

2.x is limited to 500mA while 3.x is 900mA I think.

Both standards use 5V, but 2A AC chargers often run a bit higher at 5.3V.
The chargers don't directly adhere to either USB spec and basically
trigger fast charge the same as before, by shorting out or putting a
fixed resistance between the data pins.

My old HP TouchPad USB 5.3V/2A charger with 2.0 cord charges my Note 3
just as fast as the Samsung 5.3V/2A adapter with USB 3.0 cord does.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the "USB 3.0" Samsung charger
doesn't actually have the extra 3.0 pins, it uses a 2.0 port. That's
because for pure charging devices the standard doesn't matter, only the
current and voltage rating and that it shorts the data pins.

For anyone that is interested please see:

http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/

All the USB standards are there.

?-)

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

http://www.wirelessground.com/samsun...er-2-amp..html

Whatever XDA is, they show it at 5.3 volts also:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2479107
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534079

Quit gassing. Measure it. Both unloaded and at 1.00 Amperes.

?-)

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:04:10 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Theo Markettos wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Elechi Amadi wrote:

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

You don't want one

It'll be fine.
The USB spec goes up to 5.25V. The extra 50mV won't fry anything.

The nominal 5.3V is already out of spec, who knows what the tolerance is
on it, +/- 5% perhaps, so now it could be 300mV over, then someone
charges an unprotected e-cigarette from it and ...

http://google.co.uk/search?q=usb+cigarette+fire

Hmm. Hadn't heard of rechargeable electronic cigarettes. The ones i have
seen use expendable batteries in the nicotine cartriages. Live and learn.

?-)