Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 micro SDHC memory cards

In comp.mobile.android Andy Burns wrote:
Elechi Amadi wrote:

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

You don't want one, it could fry some other device you plug into it,
just get a 5.0V 2.0A one and you'll be ok.

It'll be fine.

The USB spec goes up to 5.25V. The extra 50mV won't fry anything.

In fact, the device probably won't even see it. If you're drawing 2A, you'd
lose 50mV by a 25milliohm resistance in the cable. Given that USB cables
contain hair-thicknesses of copper these days, that's not unlikely. I've
seen cables with 1 ohm resistance. In fact, to get a resistance as low as
25mohm you'd need about 0.75mm^2 of copper - that's roughly the thickness of
the cable that powers your desktop PC.

A lower current draw will have less voltage drop, but any way you look at it
what the device sees will be in spec. And the device would cope just fine
with 5.3V straight, the DC-DC converter will have a much bigger margin.

Theo