Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.energy.homepower

Default Help, part name for well jetting

Hi guys,
My neighbor is attempting to jet a water well, I did it 17 years ago and
finally pulling it together to remember what I did. I've been searching
for a part I used, without luck.
I had a part that I put on the end of my screen. The part was like a
coupler in that it slide on and was glued to the bottom of the screen.
The part also accepted a smaller pipe that slide into the well screen.
The part had a ball that acted as a check valve once the well was drilled.

I have a drawing that may help.
http://s395.photobucket.com/user/Qma...d0ba9.png.html

Anyone know a name or a search term?

Mikek

---

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.energy.homepower

amdx wrote:
Hi guys,
My neighbor is attempting to jet a water well, I did it 17 years ago
and finally pulling it together to remember what I did. I've been
searching for a part I used, without luck.
I had a part that I put on the end of my screen. The part was like a
coupler in that it slide on and was glued to the bottom of the screen.
The part also accepted a smaller pipe that slide into the well screen.
The part had a ball that acted as a check valve once the well was
drilled.
I have a drawing that may help.
http://s395.photobucket.com/user/Qma...d0ba9.png.html

Anyone know a name or a search term?

Here's another way to do it.
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...76a25caf3f.pdf

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.energy.homepower

On 6/22/2014 3:33 PM, Bob F wrote:
amdx wrote:
Hi guys,
My neighbor is attempting to jet a water well, I did it 17 years ago
and finally pulling it together to remember what I did. I've been
searching for a part I used, without luck.
I had a part that I put on the end of my screen. The part was like a
coupler in that it slide on and was glued to the bottom of the screen.
The part also accepted a smaller pipe that slide into the well screen.
The part had a ball that acted as a check valve once the well was
drilled.
I have a drawing that may help.
http://s395.photobucket.com/user/Qma...d0ba9.png.html

Anyone know a name or a search term?

Here's another way to do it.
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...76a25caf3f.pdf

Yes, thanks for that, I've been through all the videos, my neighbor is
not internet aware :-) I've tried to get him to come over and watch some
videos, so far no response. He is not going about it right.
If he fails today, I might be able to get more involved and get
a 25 ft well jetted. When I put mine in it didn't take two minutes to go
30 ft. I did use a gasoline powered pump not a garden hose.
This was a second try, I locked up the pipe on the first attempt,
while adding a second section of pipe. So, I glued all the pipe together
and let'er rip, 30 ft went quick.
It was comical to see my wife and two sisters on the end of ropes
holding 30 ft of pvc pipe straight up over the hole.
Thank, Mikek

---

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.energy.homepower

"amdx" wrote in message
On 6/22/2014 3:33 PM, Bob F wrote:
amdx wrote:
[...]

protection is active.

What are you building, a sinkhole?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.energy.homepower

On 6/22/2014 4:15 PM, Tom Miller wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message
On 6/22/2014 3:33 PM, Bob F wrote:
amdx wrote:
[...]

Just wants a shallow well to water the lawn.
Hopefully it doesn't get any bigger!
Mikek

---

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.energy.homepower

"amdx" wrote in message
On 6/22/2014 3:33 PM, Bob F wrote:
amdx wrote:
[...]

This guy made something very similar, if I do that, I will figure out
some way to seal the hole after drilling. He got the idea right.
Mikek

---

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.energy.homepower

On 6/22/2014 2:57 PM, amdx wrote:
Hi guys,
My neighbor is attempting to jet a water well, I did it 17 years ago and
finally pulling it together to remember what I did. I've been searching
for a part I used, without luck.
I had a part that I put on the end of my screen. The part was like a
coupler in that it slide on and was glued to the bottom of the screen.
The part also accepted a smaller pipe that slide into the well screen.
The part had a ball that acted as a check valve once the well was drilled.

I have a drawing that may help.
http://s395.photobucket.com/user/Qma...d0ba9.png.html

Anyone know a name or a search term?

Mikek

---
protection is active.

I found a couple, washdown valve is a term.
http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-BWDV1...ash+down+valve

http://www.amazon.com/Brady-Wash-Dow...ash+down+valve

Mikek