Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Canon CLBP 460 fault code?

Does anyone have a list of the fault codes for a Canon CLBP 460ps colour
laser printer? I have managed to get the manual for the HP 4550, which
is nearly the same machine, but the fault codes are completely
different.

This machine is showing "Service call E2".

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

E2 is "Cartridge Contact / Separation Error".

Here's my PDF of the manual if anybody wants it. Extremely detailed. Fault codes can be found on page 372 of the PDF.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/k76u7y...CLBP-460sm.pdf
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Genesys wrote:

E2 is "Cartridge Contact / Separation Error".

Here's my PDF of the manual if anybody wants it. Extremely detailed. Fault
codes can be found on page 372 of the PDF.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/k76u7y...CLBP-460sm.pdf

Many thanks. I've now managed to track down a CDR version which
includes the parts list and the circuits too. Your Web reference will
be very useful for anyone in the same position as I was.

The problem turned out to be a faulty LED in the opto-switch that
detects the position of the cartridge lifting cam. I am waiting for a
replacement to arrive.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

vaillant fault code 80 Jim UK diy 1 November 11th 05 07:58 PM
vaillant fault code 80 Jim UK diy 2 November 6th 05 09:11 PM
Vaillant Turbo max 824 /2e fault code f 22 mew UK diy 2 May 24th 05 07:37 PM
Fault with Canon Elura mini-dv cam David Electronics Repair 1 November 21st 04 12:29 AM
GE oven fault code F7 alessandro Home Repair 1 July 4th 03 12:22 PM