Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Canon CLBP 460 fault code?

Genesys wrote:

E2 is "Cartridge Contact / Separation Error".

Here's my PDF of the manual if anybody wants it. Extremely detailed. Fault
codes can be found on page 372 of the PDF.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/k76u7y...CLBP-460sm.pdf

Many thanks. I've now managed to track down a CDR version which
includes the parts list and the circuits too. Your Web reference will
be very useful for anyone in the same position as I was.

The problem turned out to be a faulty LED in the opto-switch that
detects the position of the cartridge lifting cam. I am waiting for a
replacement to arrive.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk