Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 87 Replacement LCD

On Friday, April 9, 2010 3:37:32 PM UTC-5, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
Need one.

I knocked the damned thing off the workbench and the display cracked
(again). But the usual on-line sources all list this as "out of stock".
It appears that Fluke no longer carries parts for the 87 (original).
From what I can see, all the service outfits that used to carry this
part got cleaned out fast when Fluke discontinued the part. So these
things must break quite often.

If these can't be had, I guess I'll be looking for a new multimeter with
the same specs. But I want one whe 1) high maintenance parts are
going to be kept in stock for the anticipated life of the product or 2)
a unit that is built well enough that the occasional plunge off the
bench doesn't cause irreplaceable parts to break.

I'd buy the the 87 mark 5, but I'm afraid that Fluke may not have solved
the fragile display problem and, in a few years, when that one takes a
tumble, I'll have to drop another $400 on the mark 6 model.

This kit came with the elastomers and good instructions. Worked for me. If LCD is cracked or broken, then kit won't work: http://shop.flukerepairkit.com/Fluke...t-87000001.htm

Fluke 77 DVM N_Cook Electronics Repair 12 January 23rd 14 10:39 AM
Fluke 87 Replacement LCD - Design Flaw [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 November 14th 13 10:01 PM
Fluke 87 LCD William Sommerwerck Electronics Repair 6 April 12th 08 11:52 PM
Fluke 99b marioripa Electronics Repair 1 February 15th 05 06:38 AM
Why do Fluke multimeter LCD displays fade? Any Fluke model immune? fancy nospam tunes Electronics Repair 6 February 2nd 05 08:09 PM