bigmike

Default JVC XL-MK500 info needed....

Have you checked JVC's website for parts information?

"Innes Cathcart" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Hi,

If anyone has the JVC XL-MK500 (6 disc auto changer for car), I would
greatly appreciate information pertaining to the control cable that runs
from this unit to a suitable head unit. Thanks.

--
Innes

---

Innes Cathcart

I've looked around on JVC's website, nothing found so far. The unit is
rather "old", manufactured in 1993. Somebody out there has one though, or
many people I'm sure, I'm just trying to find them... Thanks.

Innes

"bigmike" wrote in message
m...
Have you checked JVC's website for parts information?

"Innes Cathcart" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Hi,

If anyone has the JVC XL-MK500 (6 disc auto changer for car), I would
greatly appreciate information pertaining to the control cable that runs
from this unit to a suitable head unit. Thanks.

--
Innes

---

---

Innes Cathcart

Thanks for your reply. I actually found someone that has an xl-mk500 and a
25 foot audio/control cable for it and they will sell it to me for 20. Now
I'll have one complete system and another changer for another car and I'll
eb able to make a cable for it. I'll just need a head unit to control it.
Thanks again,

Innes

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Innes Cathcart" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Hi,

If anyone has the JVC XL-MK500 (6 disc auto changer for car), I would
greatly appreciate information pertaining to the control cable that runs
from this unit to a suitable head unit. Thanks.

--
Innes

---

Hi,

I've got a JVC XL-MK500 6 disc automatic changer and an appropriate JVC

head
unit to go with it. The problem is that I don't have the cable(s)

toconnect
the two together. Besides the usual connections on a standalone head unit
this one has an 8 pin DIN connector as well as a pair of RCA's labelled
"LINE OUTPUT (REAR)", bundled with the RCA's are a brown as well as a blue
coded wire. The cd changer has a 13 pin DIN connector for control and a
three pin power connector. I'm not really concerned with what all the
signals are, I just need to know the cable specs to go between the two.

If
anyone has the XL-MK500 auto disc changer or compatible (that they know

of),
could you describe the cables going from it to the head for me? Then I

can
make one up. Thanks a lot.

Innes

"Innes Cathcart" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Hi,

If anyone has the JVC XL-MK500 (6 disc auto changer for car), I would
greatly appreciate information pertaining to the control cable that runs
from this unit to a suitable head unit. Thanks.

--
Innes

---

Much better!
JVC and Denon did have a 13 pin to 8 pin cable.
Some models required a shorting plug at the CD power
connector in the changer, some required the power
cable instead.
(which was what?)
I have no records of them from that time and have to
figure out each one we see as we see them.
I do have one each of the different connect/cable/adapt
however the part numbers are not with the 8-13 cable
which is what you need most.
The head unit KS-RT600 is what I use but any JVC
with 8 pin or 13 pin CD connector will work.
Some denon 13 pin may but not all.
Jeff

---