Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Q8+ TV quad SIM cellphone password

I planned to copy the instruction leaflet of this Chinese mobile
phone - then lost it en route to my scanner. Not too smart.

It was written in Chinglish, so not always easy to follow, but at least
it gave me some idea what was available. Which I need, knowing little
about mobile phones.

Anyone know where I might look for a replacement? Google and DuckDuckGo
know of quantity resellers of the model, but I don't want to buy ten or
a hundred, just use the one I've got.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:00:58 +0000, Windmill wrote:

Anyone know where I might look for a replacement?

I would google for the model and visit large sites like alibaba.com.
You may have more luck asking there for a manual, because
they have (moderately) more experience communicating in English.

Loads of customers feel Chinese sellers do not provide support,
but in many cases this is because the sellers cannot decipher English.
The company I work with has over 15 years of experience with
Chinese manufacturers and we still spend huge time communicating with them.
It is sometimes hilarious noticing how they read in a different way
than we write.
But they usually are very patient and willing, though.

Good luck!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

c4urs11 writes:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:00:58 +0000, Windmill wrote:

Anyone know where I might look for a replacement?

I would google for the model and visit large sites like alibaba.com.
You may have more luck asking there for a manual, because
they have (moderately) more experience communicating in English.

Thank you; I'll try that.

At first I had a big problem: the phone had been unused for months, and
I couldn't remember the password, even after allowing the problem to
rattle around in my head for several weeks.
But part way through posting my question, four digits suddenly came to
mind, I tried them, and it worked.
(I've always had the sort of inconsistent memory which will fail to
tell me that the date I'm trying to remember is 1066, or 1776, then
effortlessly provide the answer a few hours or days later).
The 'manual' would still be helpful, though.

Loads of customers feel Chinese sellers do not provide support,
but in many cases this is because the sellers cannot decipher English.
The company I work with has over 15 years of experience with
Chinese manufacturers and we still spend huge time communicating with them.
It is sometimes hilarious noticing how they read in a different way
than we write.

'Japanese bicycle require great peace of mind for assembly' was one
often-quoted example of the difficulties in translating Oriental
languages.

But they usually are very patient and willing, though.

Indeed they are.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m

Quad LNB Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 5 August 9th 10 07:17 PM
cellphone [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 July 13th 08 01:50 AM
Quad 405 amp, 1982 N Cook Electronics Repair 1 November 27th 07 01:52 PM
USB on cellphone and GPS Sean Electronics 0 September 7th 05 08:29 AM
Quad 2/Quad II tuner problem Nigel Cook Electronics Repair 1 August 13th 03 11:30 PM