Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony NW-S203F flash Walkman.

Someone threw this item out with various other electrical items - it did
work until I tried to put music of my choosing onto it.

So far I've found an app on one of the Sony websites (about 58Mb) that
requires online registration - unfortunately the website that links to
doesn't respond.

I did find a Sony MP3 manager - that's how I trashed the flash folders/song
database.

After a lot of searching I found a Sony Walkman app on Sourceforge, but it
unpacks a .jar file - not much help on my Win machine.

Anyone know where to find flash Walkman utils to reformat it and fill it
with songs?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ian Field kom med følgende:

After a lot of searching I found a Sony Walkman app on Sourceforge, but it
unpacks a .jar file - not much help on my Win machine.

A .jar is supposed to run by java.

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Leif Neland" wrote in message
Ian Field kom med følgende:

After a lot of searching I found a Sony Walkman app on Sourceforge, but
it unpacks a .jar file - not much help on my Win machine.

A .jar is supposed to run by java.

Thanks - I don't think I have Java on the XP machine that app is on, and it
has no internet.

A search for Java redistributable didn't help much!

Any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:22:53 PM UTC-5, Ian Field wrote:
"Leif Neland" wrote in message

Ian Field kom med følgende:

After a lot of searching I found a Sony Walkman app on Sourceforge, but

it unpacks a .jar file - not much help on my Win machine.

A .jar is supposed to run by java.

Thanks - I don't think I have Java on the XP machine that app is on, and it

has no internet.

A search for Java redistributable didn't help much!

Any ideas?

The Java redistributable is he http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/j...ndows-i586.exe

As for the walkman, try the following:

If you need to format its memory, do so by following these directions: https://docs.sony.com/release/NWS20xF_flyer.pdf

The app you need to transfer music is SonicStage, which is discontinued. An unofficial user-supported version is at http://forums.sonyinsider.com/files/...imate-edition/ Download it without registering at http://www.mediafire.com/download/vf...3_ULTIMATE.exe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:15:49 AM UTC-5, Genesys wrote:

The Java redistributable is he http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/j...ndows-i586.exe

Oops. Apparently I can't link directly. This is the website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880261.html "Windows x86 Offline" package is the normal redist.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Genesys" wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:22:53 PM UTC-5, Ian Field wrote:
"Leif Neland" wrote in message

Ian Field kom med følgende:

After a lot of searching I found a Sony Walkman app on Sourceforge,
but

it unpacks a .jar file - not much help on my Win machine.

A .jar is supposed to run by java.

Thanks - I don't think I have Java on the XP machine that app is on, and
it

has no internet.

A search for Java redistributable didn't help much!

Any ideas?

The Java redistributable is he
http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/j...ndows-i586.exe

Thanks but that link takes me to an error page stating that I have to agree
to terms & conditions, a search of the homepage seems to only offer Java for
Win7.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Genesys" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks - the first link went to a page that says I don't have permission,
the second link got me the file, will try it when next at the other PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Genesys" wrote in message
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:15:49 AM UTC-5, Genesys wrote:

The Java redistributable is he
http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/j...ndows-i586.exe

Oops. Apparently I can't link directly. This is the website:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880261.html
"Windows x86 Offline" package is the normal redist.

Thanks - I grabbed the Linux one as well just incase I decide to give that a
go.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Genesys" wrote in message
[...]

That sorted it - thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Genesys" wrote in message
[...]

Pity the flaky VM news server isn't though!