Junior Member

Red face ADT Security Alarm

hi I bought a house with a bespoke adt system put in by the previous adt employee house owner

is there any way in finding out the master control number without paying the earth to adt for someone to basically press my keypad

thankyou
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ADT Security Alarm

"albionard" wrote in message ...

hi I bought a house with a bespoke adt system put in
by the previous adt employee house owner

is there any way in finding out the master control number
without paying the earth to adt for someone to basically
press my keypad

ADT charges $35 to reset the PIN. (This is done remotely, and doesn't require
a technician.) However, if you're paying ADT for monitoring services, there's
no reason they shouldn't do it for free. I found that simply screaming at them
(really!) will produce the desired result.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 04:40:45 -0700, albionard
wrote:

hi I bought a house with a bespoke adt system put in by the previous adt
employee house owner

is there any way in finding out the master control number without paying
the earth to adt for someone to basically press my keypad

thankyou

Each day, try a few, in sequence, until you hit the right one ??

I once did that with a locked combination padlock, and ended up with a NEW
working padlock ...after some time.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I'd just like to know why my alarm panel can't keep time worth a lick!

Some days, it's up to 10 minutes fast or slow.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 09:07:36 -0700, wrote:

I'd just like to know why my alarm panel can't keep time worth a lick!

Some days, it's up to 10 minutes fast or slow.

better not be caused by an 'interrupt' driven system! Where during a
poorly written segment of code during an interrupt, the uP forgets to
update the counter.

Slow I don't get, but fast could be explained by external noise spikes
appearing to be extra timing pulses. What about poor connections on the
PCB itself going intermittent? That would explain both fast and slow. Just
take a soldering iron to everything and see what happens.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:18:32 AM UTC-5, Robert Macy wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 09:07:36 -0700, wrote:

I'd just like to know why my alarm panel can't keep time worth a lick!

Some days, it's up to 10 minutes fast or slow.

better not be caused by an 'interrupt' driven system! Where during a

poorly written segment of code during an interrupt, the uP forgets to

update the counter.

Slow I don't get, but fast could be explained by external noise spikes

appearing to be extra timing pulses. What about poor connections on the

PCB itself going intermittent? That would explain both fast and slow. Just

take a soldering iron to everything and see what happens.

Uhh, thanks for the explanation - a very good one at that - but having a technician come out is part of what you're paying for monthly. And I don't think they'd appreciate finding indications that ADT's property(alarm panels, sensors, etc) was tampered with.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--

albionard

Depending on which ADT panel you have you may be able to use a a manual for an Ademco 1400 , (I think) series. Let me know which ADT panel you have and I may be able to help you. Keep in mind though that even if you get it running you probably won't be be able to have it monitored by someone other than ADT. Lenny