Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Free CAN Emulator (req)

Hello Dears

can anyone know a Free CAN Emulator HW & SW out there?

i'm trying to develop a small CAN interface so we can connect it to do some temeetry using a Cellular GSM module, but i need first debug my CAN interptreter.

thanks in advance.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:14:14 -0800 (PST), Beto Max
wrote:

Hello Dears

can anyone know a Free CAN Emulator HW & SW out there?

i'm trying to develop a small CAN interface so we can connect it to do some temeetry using a Cellular GSM module, but i need first debug my CAN interptreter.

The least expensive would probably be a dev board with CAN peripheral,
something like this:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/STM32/OLIMEXINO-STM32/open-source-hardware
also available from
http://microcontrollershop.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_170_271&products_id=438 0
Note: I haven't used this particular board but I do use other Olimex
dev boards and STM32F Cortex-M chips, so I'd presume that it would
work okay. It appears that it uses the open source Maple environment,
so your compiler setup should be cheap and (relatively) easy.

I use a PEAK CAN/USB http://www.peak-system.com/Produkte.57.0.html
also available from http://gridconnect.com/can-usb.html for general
sniffing and poking at CAN busses. Not free but reliable and comes
with DLLs and Linux drivers to integrate with your own code.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

Thanks, i will give to it a try !!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Hello Dears

can anyone know a Free CAN Emulator HW & SW out there?

You might also have a look at our ELM329 integrated circuit. Although
you would need to build it into a circuit to use it, the interface is a
very simple one - serial based with ascii characters.
See www.elmelectronics.com/obdic.html

--
Jim Nagy
Elm Electronics