Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Kenwood TM-V71A Transceiver Locked Up in Cross Band Repeater Mode

Hi,

I have a Kenwood TM-V71A 144/440mhz transceiver that is "locked up" in
CBR ("Cross Band Repeater") mode. Note: In this mode, the Kenwood radio
"acts" like a repeater.

When this transceiver is set for CBR mode, most other functions are
disabled. I am unable to get it out of CBR mode. Note: I have used
CBR mode many times, and I never had a problem getting the radio our of CBR
mode until recently.

I have the SM (.pdf) and tried the "Full Reset" procedure and the
"Adjustment Mode" procedure, but nothing happens. CBR mode
prevents these other procedures from taking "effect".

This transceiver does not use an internal battery to hold memory
settings, etc. Instead, it uses an eeprom.

I searched the web for a solution, but found none. I also used "contact
us" at Kenwood's web site, but I have not received a response to the problem,
only an acknowledgement they received my message.

Thank You in advance, John N3AOF