Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic SL-PC363 5-disc changer dislikes certain CD's.

Le jeudi 19 mars 1998 09:00:00 UTC+1, Ryan Erickson a écrit*:
Hello!

I have a CD player here (my sister's, if your curious) that has started
rejecting certain CD's (consistently the same CD's -- I don't know if it
ever accepted them), and it doesn't appear to read the index correctly, and
after trying to read the index, it spins up to 'supersonic' speeds, and only
turning it off will let it release the CD. These CD's are not scratched,
etc., and work fine in other CD and CD-ROM players.

I have read the FAQ, and cleaned the lens, and have watched and observed the
sled and pickup assembly, etc., and am wondering what to check next. My
biggest problem is that it only rejects certain discs, unrelated to playing
time, from what I can tell. It doesn't even read the index on them. Can
the limit switch be set too far out from the center of the disc, and not
allowing the IR to get the index data off the disc? Is there something
geometry-related with the discs?

Thanks!

Ryan Erickson

Et alors ? ? ?