Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sylvania dual vcr/dvd combo

I need to change the drive belt on the vcr it looks like I would have to
pull the whole board out to get underneath the transport ,does this sound
right or is there a better why of doing it,older vcr's you could take the
transport out model number is Sylvania dvc-845 E any help?
thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Jan 2, 11:35*pm, "buddy" wrote:
I need to change the drive belt on the vcr *it looks like I would have to
pull the whole board out to get underneath the transport ,does this sound
right or is there a better why of doing it,older vcr's you could take the
transport out * * *model number is * Sylvania dvc-845 E * * any help?
thanks

In most the later centre-transport vcrs, you first have to remove the
connectors to the heads then unscrew and remove the deck , then unclip
and remove the pcb. It's not as bad as it sounds, tends to take under
10 mins.
-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"b" wrote in message
On Jan 2, 11:35 pm, "buddy" wrote:
I need to change the drive belt on the vcr it looks like I would have to
pull the whole board out to get underneath the transport ,does this sound
right or is there a better why of doing it,older vcr's you could take the
transport out model number is Sylvania dvc-845 E any help?
thanks

In most the later centre-transport vcrs, you first have to remove the
connectors to the heads then unscrew and remove the deck , then unclip
and remove the pcb. It's not as bad as it sounds, tends to take under
10 mins.
-B

Ok thank you finished it up today I had to take dvd rom out pull the one
piece main board then 2 screws holding the transport to the board just to
get to the belt ..older ones were easier lol I can't wait for spring
fishing thanks again