Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default vizio tv

Hi
I have a Vizio TV MDL VW37L HDTV20A
The pilot light is on (orange) push the power button and nothing
happens, the light stays orange, the set is dead, I tried a new power
supply board and still the same thing.
Thanks for any help I can get.
Vince

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If a new, good PS board doesn't fix it, then it's likely there's a short on
one of the other boards that's pulling down the voltage and keeping the
supply from turning on.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 05:45:06 -0600, "Vince Schmitt"
wrote:

Hi
I have a Vizio TV MDL VW37L HDTV20A
The pilot light is on (orange) push the power button and nothing
happens, the light stays orange, the set is dead, I tried a new power
supply board and still the same thing.
Thanks for any help I can get.
Vince

Probably a problem with the main board. Some models of Vizio are
notorius for a failure of U33 (a AS1117 voltage regulator) on the main
board.

More information is available at www.badcaps.net/forum

PlainBill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hi
I have a Vizio TV MDL VW37L HDTV20A
* *The pilot light is on *(orange) *push the power button and nothing
happens, the light stays orange, the set is dead, I *tried a new power
supply board and still the same thing.
* * Thanks for any help I can get.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Vince

Probably a problem with the main board. *Some models of Vizio are
notorius for a failure of U33 (a AS1117 voltage regulator) on the main
board. *

More information is available atwww.badcaps.net/forum

Why do I have to join before I can look at the pictures?

Are they dirty?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hi
I have a Vizio TV MDL VW37L HDTV20A
* *The pilot light is on *(orange) *push the power button and nothing
happens, the light stays orange, the set is dead, I *tried a new power
supply board and still the same thing.
* * Thanks for any help I can get.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Vince

Probably a problem with the main board. *Some models of Vizio are
notorius for a failure of U33 (a AS1117 voltage regulator) on the main
board. *

More information is available atwww.badcaps.net/forum

Why do I have to join before I can look at the pictures?

Are they dirty?

Why are you afraid to join?

PlainBill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hi
I have a Vizio TV MDL VW37L HDTV20A
The pilot light is on (orange) push the power button and nothing
happens, the light stays orange, the set is dead, I tried a new power
supply board and still the same thing.
Thanks for any help I can get.
Vince

Probably a problem with the main board. Some models of Vizio are
notorius for a failure of U33 (a AS1117 voltage regulator) on the main
board.

More information is available atwww.badcaps.net/forum

Why do I have to join before I can look at the pictures?

Are they dirty?

Why are you afraid to join?

I don't expect to be able to contribute to the forum, so it would not
benefit from my joining.
For security I would have to create a unique user name and password.
Managing a plethora of account names and passwords is onerous.

I prefer the usenet model with open access.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Why are you afraid to join?

PlainBill

I no longer join unless I am desperate for information. Joining often means
that your contact information is sold or shared.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Vince Schmitt" wrote:
Hi
I have a Vizio TV MDL VW37L HDTV20A
The pilot light is on (orange) push the power button and nothing
happens, the light stays orange, the set is dead, I tried a new power
supply board and still the same thing.
Thanks for any help I can get.
Vince

I just saw this post (I'm a little behind in checking Usenet), so hopefully
this will help. I repaired my 32" Vizio (similar insides to yours, I
believe) which had a similar problem.

In my case, replacing the mainboard fixed the problem. It seems that voltage
reagulators on the mainboard are common points of failure. I took the easy
way out and just replaced the mainboard which contains all of the logic, the
tuner, and audio amp. I was also having audio problems, so this fixed
everything.

Here are 2 sources for parts:
http://vizparts.com/index.php
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...tion?pop=flush

Get the part number from the sticker on the mainboard inside the TV. Note
that some part numbers have been updated. That was the case when I looked up
the mainboard part number for my TV. You can buy new or refurbished parts. I
chose to get a refurbished part from Sears Parts Direct. The board was $110
plus $20 for tax and shipping and I received it within a week.

The hardest thing about this repair was getting the back cover off. There
are about 25 screws on the back cover alone. Next, you need to remove a
metal RF noise shield that covers the mainboard. That's another 12 or so
screws. Once all of that is done, 5 cable connectors need to be
disconnected. Two of them have the smallest pitch between pins that I have
ever seen and they need to be very gently removed to prevent damage. I
sweated through that part.

After replacing the board and the back of the TV, I powered it up and waited
for what seemed like a very long time before a startup message appeared on
the screen. Apparently, when the boards are reconditioned, all settings are
'zeroed' out like a brand new TV.

So after removing and replacing what seemed like a zillion screws, and
spending $130, the TV is back to normal.

Hope this helps.
-Nick

Vizio Vince Electronics Repair 1 November 4th 09 06:44 PM
FS:Vizio 42" Plasma Max Electronics Repair 0 February 7th 08 08:21 PM
Goodbye RCA .. Hello Vizio HD N. Morrow Electronics Repair 2 April 22nd 07 05:26 PM
Vizio L32 Power Supply Board [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 February 12th 07 11:25 PM
VIZIO lcd set with lines across Ken G. Electronics Repair 1 October 18th 06 02:53 PM