Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LG Model 26LX2D LCD TV, Dead

Hi Jim and Everyone,

UPDATE:

Several electroylitics on the PSU board, especially low voltage types,
have higher than normal ESR.

I gave an estimate for this repair, but my customer declined to have
it repaired.

Again, Thanks to Everyone, John

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:47:45 -0500, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

wrote in
:

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your responses. The first thing I look
for is bulging electroys, but in this case, not a single one is
bulging.

Clarification on "Blinking Red Light":

The Red Light blinks (actually dims) when I press on the "ON/OFF"
(power) button, otherwise it is "steady" red.

Since my customer had this TV at his vocation home in FLA, and
this
problem (won't turn on) occurred when he returned there, I have to
consider the possibility of storm damage since he keeps it plugged in
when he is away, and no surge protection.

John

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 08:06:39 -0400, in sci.electronics.repair you
wrote:

Hi,

I am servicing a LG model 26LX2D 26" LCD TV that is "dead"
(won't turn
on). The only sign of activity is a red blinking light near the remote
sensor receiver.

I do not have a SM for this TV yet. I don't want to risk
ordering the
PS unit unless....

Has anyone repaired this model LG TV (dead)?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

it could just be a bad "housekeeping supply" electrolytic in the PS;
the cap that supplies the switcher IC's Vcc,or a failed resistor that
charges it when the set is OFF. An ESR meter would show a high ESR for the
cap,even if it is not bulging or discolored.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

hi,

here are a lot of schematics for esr meters, analog, digital, easy, ready made
every technician should have an esr meter on hand ...
have a look !

http://kripton2035.free.fr/esr-repository.html

regards,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John. Can I just ask for the future, that you post your replies at the
bottom of the existing content, as is accepted usenet practice, rather than
at the top as you would conventionally do with emails. Top posting,
especially when the greater majority are sticking by the bottom posting
convention, makes the thread very difficult to follow in terms of what's
been said by whom, and when.

Thanks

Arfa