Default RCA TV model F35673MB, CH. CTC187CL3 BW dead set

This set came in with the complaint that it would intermittently shut
off. I plugged it in and heard no chirp from the power supply. It would
not power up. I found three suspicious things that I would like to ask
about. First there are two burnt resistors. One is marked R060V and is
on top of the pincushion board. It reads 2 ohms. The other is marked
R124V and it is connected between pins 8 and 9 of the regulator,(which
are connected together), and ground. This one reads .50 ohms. Could
someone please tell me what the correct values of these resistors are?
Also any theorys on the reasons for their oerheating would be
appreciated as well.
I also pulled the regulator which is an STK730-150. I have an
STK730-020 in stock which seems to be similar. Are they similar enough
to interchange? And if not might they be similar enough to take
comparison resistance readings between the two? If so there are
definitly some shorted pins on the 150 from the set. I plan on ordering
the 150 anyway but am I on the right track in my assumptions or should
I also be looking at other things as well. Any help will be most
sincerely appreciated. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.
RCA TV model F35673MB, CH. CTC87CL3 BW dead set

sofie

The STK-730-020 that you have in stock will substitute just fine.... it is
a higher watt rating that the "-150." In my shop, I stock just the
STK730-040 which will sub in just about any of the chassis that use the
STK730.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I found these on Electronica's website for 13.40. The RCA number subbed
diectly to an STK730-030. This device is rated at 180W, while the 150
is rated for 170W. BTW, the 020's I have are also original Sanyo and
are only rated for 145W, so they could have been a problem if used in
this set. The 030's I just ordered were also original Sanyo which I
feel much better about. The 140's are a better choice and are rated at
210W if you have originals that is....I've had it with the generics.
Lenny.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The R868 is labeled R4868 on the schematic and is a 2.2 ohms @ 2 watt
wirewound resistor.
The R4124 is listed as a .22 ohms @ 2 watt wirewound resistor
I have 4 .jpg images of the related schematic sections and board
positions for you at this location. Go here to view/download.

http://personal.bellsouth.net/r/m/rm502/

I have the RCA service data CD on this chassis if you need more info

Robert McPherson
Telephone (502) 367-9324
Cellphone (502) 298-6997

Email

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Robert
I looked at that location and it only has information on two Hitachi's
and a CTC203. Lenny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

RCA TV model F35673MB, CH. CTC187CL3 BW dead set

Lenny: I uploaded the 4 .jpgs back up to my site again for you. (I
had taken them off because I assumed that you had already downloaded
them. Go see them at:

http://personal.bellsouth.net/r/m/rm502/

The value of the resistors in my earlier message to you is correct.

Robert McPherson

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Robert
I got hem this time. Thanks very much. The JPG's were extremely
helpful. Best regards, Lenny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You're welcome Lenny. Hope you get it fixed.

Robert McPherson