Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 2 Digit LED counter design help needed

A customer is asking for a product that I am
having trouble finding. I also might rather build it if I knew what
was needed.
Best way to explain is this: We've all been at a service desk where
we've had to
"take a number" to mark our place in line. Then they may also have a
good sized
digital display for the public to see which number is being served so
you know
your position "in queue".

Well a customer (business) would like something like this where the
employee can
increase or decrease the displayed value (max of two digits) with the
push of an
up or down button . A clear or reset button would also be helpful.

Another feature desired would be to "light up" another indicator,
maybe the decimal
point, on the display to indicate another condition that may become
involved.
Also it would be desirable to have a smaller LED display at the
operator's desk
to see and confirm the value being sent to the larger display which
may not
be easily seen from their location.

I'm hoping someone here may have the knowledge to help me with a
diagram
and parts needed (maybe a source as well for the LED displays) With a
schematic and any comments regarding the design, I think I could
construct
the project.

Many thanks in advance !